Greetings and welcome to my webpage, I'm Christoph.
You can find an overview of my skills and experience here.
Please refer to my CV for details.
- Scientific programming using Python and R.
- Analysis of behavioural data, EEG data and various physiological measures.
- Some teaching (e.g. as a tutor for logic and scientific methods)
- Python: anything from programming experiments over data analysis to text-parsing, mostly using functional programming
- R: preferrably Bayesian statistics
- SQL: for business data analystics
- Playing Jazz guitar, organising jam-sessions
- Hiking along the rivers of Germany and mountains of Austria
- Improving my freestyle swimming technique
CV & Contact
- My CV.
- Mastodon: @ChristophB@fediscience.org
- Twitter: @ChrisBrainberg
- GitHub: ChristophBg
- Linkedin: Christoph Bamberg
- Learning Bayesian Statistics Podcast Contributing to a podcast on Bayesian statistics.
- Pint of Science Salzburg 2023. Co-organising the Pint of Science Festival in Salzburg in 2023.
- Scientists for Future Austria blog. Wrote an article on sustainable conferences (in German).
Below you can find a selection of my scientific publications and presentations.
- Bamberg, Flasbeck, Diop, Brüne (2021). Ecology of cooperation: The influence of fasting and satiety on interpersonal trust. Social Neuroscience.
- Bamberg, Flasbeck, Juckel, Brüne (2021). Loudness dependence of auditory-evoked potentials, a marker of central serotonergic activity, is affected by fasting and selective uptake of food. Clinical EEG and Neuroscience.
- Flasbeck, Bamberg, Brüne (2021). Short-Term Fasting and Ingestion of Caloric Drinks Affect Heartbeat-Evoked Potentials and Autonomic Nervous System Activity in Males. Frontiers in Neuroscience.
- Bamberg (2019). Ephemeris, the Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy.
Preregistrations of current projects
- Bamberg & Roefs. (2022) The Relationship between Eating and Concentration.
- Bamberg & Moreau. (2022) A Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Temporary Calorie Restriction on Cognitive Performance.
- Bamberg, Hagelweide, Üngör, Weigelt (2021) Flexibility and Extinction in Teenagers.
- Poster: Cognitive Performance is not Worse When Fasted: A Preregistered Meta-Analysis. SAMBA, Salzburg 2022. Received Poster Prize.
- Poster: A Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Temporary Calorie Restriction on Cognitive Performance. Mind Brain Body Symposium 2022. Received Poster Prize.
- Talk: Developmental trajectories of flexible feedback processing and probabilistic reversal learning from late childhood to adulthood. TeaP 2021.
- Poster: Fasting and nutrition affect the Loudness Dependence of Acoustic Evoked Potentials. Live MEEG 2020.
- Talk: Trust is disrupted by physical needs and is payed when it seems worth it. 16th annual conference of the Italian Association for Cognitive Science AISC, Rome, 2019